- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
TAMMS, Ill. -- Kathryn Baine, 86, of Tamms died Friday, April 16, 2004, at her home.
She was born May 17, 1917, in Union County, Ill., daughter of Oliver Houston and Ida Dewitt Ferguson. She and William W. Baine were married Nov. 5, 1936. He died July 26, 1963.
Baine was a member of Sandy Creek Baptist Church. She had worked as a storekeeper a Mowell Stores in Olive Branch, Ill., and Tamms, and as a cook at Southeast Missouri Hospital and Hillside Nursing Home.
Survivors include three daughters, Betty Poddig, Evelyn Aguila and Shirley Boren, all of Tamms; two sons, John Baine of Benton, Ill., and Steve Baine of Tamms; a sister, Mary Weiss of Goreville, Ill.; 14 grandchildren; and 24 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by an infant son, two granddaughters, two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 9 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at Sandy Creek Baptist Church near Tamms, with the Rev. Clint Nale officiating. Burial will be in McCrite Cemetery.