- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Daniel J. Beard, 53, of Jackson died Friday, April 16, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Sept. 17, 1950, in Green Bay, Wis., son of John C. and Kathleen Lasee Beard. He and Kay Patz were married Feb. 8, 1969.
In January, Beard became a manager at the CLM Pallet Recycling near Fruitland. He was also attending Southeast Missouri State University. He was previously employed at Jerry Lipps Inc. near Fruitland.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Jim Beard of Jackson, Charlie Beard of Oak Ridge and Travis Beard, stationed at a U.S. Air Force base in Germany; six brothers, Dale, Donald, Bill, Davey, Doug and Dennis; a sister, Donna; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and two brothers.
Friends may call at 11 a.m. Monday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jon Sedgwick officiating. Burial will be in the Russell Heights Cemetery.