- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Dedication of flood project Monday
City and federal officials will hold a dedication ceremony Monday to celebrate the completion of Cape Girardeau's flood control project.
U.S. Rep. Jo Ann Emerson and Army Corps of Engineers officials are scheduled to speak at the 2 p.m. ceremony at the Osage Community Centre.
The event is open to the public.
The project, which took years to complete, involved channel improvements on Cape LaCroix Creek and Walker Branch and construction of a detention basin to help prevent flash flooding.