- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Marvine O. LeGrand, 89, of Granite City, Ill., died Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at her home.
She was born Oct. 7, 1914, at New Hamburg, daughter of Arthur and Regina Dirnberger Vetter. She and Paul LeGrand were married Aug. 3, 1940.
LeGrand was a cook 15 years at St. Elizabeth Catholic School in Granite City, retiring in 1976. She had also been a nurse aide at A.O. Smith. She was a member of St. Elizabeth Catholic Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Doris Kelleher of St. Louis; two sons, Robert LeGrand of St. Louis, Paul LeGrand of Granite City; a sister, Ann Scherer of New Hamburg; three grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, a daughter, a brother and a sister.
Friends may call at Irwin Chapel in Granite City from 5 to 8 p.m. today. A prayer service will be held at 5.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at St. Elizabeth Church, with the Rev. Larry Brunette officiating. Burial will be in Calvary Catholic Cemetery in Edwardsville, Ill.