- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARQUAND, Mo. -- Olga Jean Yount, 76, of Marquand died Tuesday, April 13, 2004, at her home.
She was born Feb. 5, 1928, at Mine La Motte, Mo., daughter of Frank and Verna Miller Cureton. She married Milford "Cub" Yount on Nov. 5, 1947, at Cornwall, Mo.
Yount was a teacher many years at public schools in Perry and Madison counties. She was a member of Union Light Congregational Methodist Church, Wo-men's Missionary Society, and church secretary and church conference secretary.
She was also a member of the A.D.K. Teachers Sorority, Ladies Gideon Auxiliary, Rhodes Chapel Cemetery Board and was a Bollinger County Democrat Committee person.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Kelvin and Alan Yount of Marquand; six brothers, Delmar Cureton of Cornwall, Troy, Paul, the Rev. Carl and Donnie Cureton, all of Fredericktown, Mo., Jack Cureton of Bowling Green, Ky.; six sisters, Betty James of Mount Vernon, Ill., Shirley Bennett, Brenda Pogue and Charlotte Cureton, all of Fredericktown, Linda Beaty of Barnhart, Mo., Carol Vance of Burlington, Iowa; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a son.
Friends may call at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, Mo., after 4:30 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at Union Light Church, with the Revs. Carl Cureton and Donald Sander officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery near Marquand.