- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Herman Sokolowski, 68, of Advance died Monday, April 12, 2004, at his home.
He was born July 27, 1935, in Ruda, Poland, son of Fredrick and Lydia Steinke Sokolowski.
Sokolowski was employed with the Missouri Highway Department 31 years. He was a member of the United Church of Christ in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two brothers, Otto Sokolowski of Advance, Eric Sokolowski of Anaheim, Calif.; two sisters, Natalie Herspiegel of Hillsboro, Mo., and Erika Flores of Anaheim.
He was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at Morgan Funeral Home from 4:30 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ernest Jordan officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park.