- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Eva Elizabeth Chamness, 86, of Anna died Tuesday, April 13, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center.
She was born Oct. 30, 1917, at Beech Grove, Ill., daughter of Robert "Bob" and Elnora Modglin Kinder. She and Frank Chamness were married March 4, 1936. He died May 18, 1964.
Chamness retired from a shoe factory in 1978. She was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include four sons, Fred Chamness of Davenport, Fla., Bob, Frank "Doc" and Larry Chamness of Anna; two sisters, Jane Treece of Jonesboro, Ill., Catherine Bluth of Joliet, Ill.; eight grandchildren; 29 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-granddaughter.
She was preceded in death by two brothers, a sister, a grandson and a great-granddaughter.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery in Anna.