- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Richard John Thele, 81, of Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, April 14, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Nov. 9, 1922, at Glennon, Mo., son of Henry J. and Minnie Fisher Thele.
Formerly of Marble Hill, he had been a self-employed barber. He was a member of St. John's Catholic Church at Leopold.
He was a veteran of World War II and was awarded four Bronze Stars.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Puller of Bonne Terre, Mo.; two sons, Mike and Larry Thele of St. Charles, Mo.; five sisters, Juletta Thele and Judy Stause of Marble Hill, Gerelene Trentham of Licking, Mo., Imogene Carter of Bridge-ton, Mo., Evelyn Connor of DeSoto, Mo.; four brothers, Kenny Thele of Leopold, John Thele of Marble Hill, Robert and Harry Thele of Jackson; five grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a sister and a brother.
Friends may call at Hutchings Funeral Chapel in Marble Hill from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday. Parish prayers will be at 7:30.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Anthony's Catholic Church in Glennon. The Rev. Bill Huggins will officiate. Burial will be in St. Anthony's Cemetery, with graveside rites by Military Honors Team and VFW Post 5900.