- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Eugene Anderson, 79, of Advance died Sunday, April 11, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born May 7, 1924, in Joppa, Ill., son of Harvey and Grace Harris Anderson.
Anderson was an over-the-road truck driver 56 years.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II and the Korean War.
Survivors include two sons, Mike Anderson of Advance, Doug Anderson of Scott City; two daughters, Tori Miller of Whitewater, Susan Andrews of Chaffee, Mo.; a stepson, Ricky Nance of Chaffee; three stepdaughters, Pam Martin of Delta, Cindy Stroder of Oak Ridge, Christi Montgomery of Zalma, Mo.; two sisters, Kathleen Laird of Joppa, Joyce Windhorst of Johnston City, Ill.; 12 grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother.
Graveside service will be held at 10 a.m. today at Missouri State Veterans Cemetery in Bloomfield. The Rev. John Tolbert will officiate.
Morgan Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.