- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)3
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)4
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Mascot change isn't needed
To the editor:
In my opinion, a mascot change for Southeast Missouri State University is superfluous. Certainly sensitivity should not be overlooked, but the deluge of political correctness commentary in our society has reached the ridiculous.
Many factors need to be considered before a final decision is made regarding this issue. Consider the cost, public opinion and the abandonment of honoring our heritage.
I fervently hope that when a final decision is made, it will not be an impetuous one.