- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Southeast golf team finishes fifth in Billiken Invitational
Southeast Missouri State University's golf team finished fifth among 12 squads in the St. Louis University Billiken Invitational that concluded Tuesday at Gateway National in Madison, Ill.
The Indians had a 54-hole total of 917. Southern Illinois was first at 892, while host SLU placed second at 894.
Southeast's top finisher was Brian Sheehan, who tied for third with a 9-over-par 222. He was just two strokes behind champion Brian Norman of Southern Illinois.
Other finishers for the Indians were Matt Hillis (230, tied for 21st); Mark Schmitz (232, tied for 28th); Kent Phillips (235, tied for 39th); and Zack Decker (243, tied for 56th).
Softball snowed out
Southeast's scheduled Ohio Valley Conference doubleheader at Tennessee-Martin on Tuesday was cancelled because of snow in Martin, Tenn.
UTM's scheduled single game at Southeast on April 27 will become a doubleheader to make up for one of the games cancelled on Tuesday. The other contest will not be made up.
Southeast returns to action this weekend, hosting Jacksonville State in a three-game OVC series beginning with a 1 p.m. doubleheader on Saturday.
--From staff reports