- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Buchheit new director of planning commission
PERRYVILLE - A Ste. Genevieve man has been named the new executive director of the Southeast Missouri Regional Planning and Economic Development Commission.
Chauncy Buchheit succeeds Thomas Tucker who was the commission's only previous executive director until his death in January.
The board of directors made the appointment at the February meeting of the commission. Buchheit is a graduate of St. Vincent High School in Perryville and Southeast Missouri State University. He resides in Ste. Genevieve.
Buchheit joined the staff of the Planning Commission in 1980 as a regional planner. He has served the commission in several capacities, including director of job training and economic development financing and as director of economic development. He has held the position of deputy director since 1994.
Buchheit's responsibilities with the commission have included directing job training programs, securing and administering community and economic development grants, developing incentive packages to assist in locating industry in the region, and managing the commission's economic development loan fund.
Buchheit is a Certified Economic Development Finance Professional and has been recognized for his creativity in developing financial packages to assist the location and expansion of business in the region.
In 2003, he was presented the Missouri Economic Development Council's "Affiliate/Governmental Member of the Year" award.