- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Garber's receives top retailer award
Garber's Men's Wear in Town Plaza Shopping Center in Cape Girardeau recently received the Elite Retailer of the Year Award from Jim's Formal Wear. Jim's in the largest formalwear distribution network in the U.S. with more than 4,000 independent retailers. They provide tuxedo rental services for weddings, proms and black tie events.
The award is based on rental volume, order accuracy and exceptional customer service. Garber's Men's Wear has been renting tuxedos from Jim's since 1972. Steve Davis, vice president of marketing at Jim's says the Elite Retailer of the Year recipients are among the best when it comes to men's formalwear rental and sales.
Rodney Bridges, Garber's owner, has been featuring Jim's Formal Wear for more than 31 years. Bridges is one of Cape Girardeau's best known entrepreneurs. He personally selects inventory and has an interesting array of ties to complement custom-coordinated men's clothing.