- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Nathan Allan Rettig, 13, of Sikeston died Friday, April 9, 2004, at Missouri Delta Medical Center.
He was born Jan. 14, 1991, in Cape Girardeau, son of Allan and Karen Scheffer Rettig. He was a seventh-grade student in the Kelly schools and was an avid racer, having won many races. He was a member of St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church.
Survivors include his parents; one brother, Austin Rettig; his paternal grandparents, Harold and Mary Rettig of Sikeston; and maternal grandparents, Clem and Evelyn Scheffer of Sikeston.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Francis Xavier Catholic Church, with the Rev. Stephen Schneider officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.