- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Ortha Croy, 82, of Advance died Friday, April 9, 2004 at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Sept. 8, 1921, at Doniphan, Mo., daughter of Luther and Clara Link Pierce. She and Leon Croy were married March 23, 1940, at Benton, Mo., and he died Jan. 27, 1988.
Croy was a member of the Arbor General Baptist Church and the Arbor Ladies Missionary Society.
Survivors include two sons, Farrell Croy of Springfield, Mo., Darrell Croy of Branson, Mo.; a daughter, Judi Meyr of Chaffee, Mo.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Kermit Patton officiating. Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park at Advance.