- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Spring revival at Baptist church in Sedgewickville
Spring revival will be April 16 to 18 at Sedgewickville Baptist Church at 7 p.m. nightly. The Rev. E.D. Francis will speak April 16; the Rev. Steven Francis will speak April 17 and the Rev. Dr. Jim Cogdill will speak Sunday morning and evening.
Syndicated talk show hosts to be in Cape
The Lutheran Chapel of Hope will be on the radio show "Issues, Etc." from 3 to 6 p.m. April 16. Talk show hosts Todd Wilken and Jeff Scharz will air the show in Cape Girardeau. The program usually airs on KFUO radio from Clayton, Mo. The two also will be speakers at a 7 p.m. banquet at Drury Lodge.
Cape Baptist church to begin revival April 18
Bethlehem General Baptist Church will have a revival beginning April 18. Services are at 7 p.m. each night. The evangelist is Vyron Yount of Cape Girardeau.
Limbaugh to speak at Centenary Methodist
David Limbaugh, author, lawyer and syndicated columnist, will speak at 5:30 p.m. April 18 in the Family Life Center at Centenary United Methodist Church. Limbaugh will speak about his latest book "Persecution."
Presbyterian church holds cooking class
Christ Evangelical Presbyterian Church will again hold a cooking class with Glenda Crosno. The basic roll dough class will be held at 6:30 p.m. April 19 at the church. There is a nominal fee for the course. To register, call Crosno at 651-3770.
Cape Cowboy Church to change service times
The Cape County Cowboy Church will begin meeting at a new time after April 15. The services each Thursday at the Fruitland Livestock Barn will begin at 7 p.m. A gospel roundup is being planned for 7 p.m. April 29 at the A.C. Brase Arena. For information, call 204-7545.
Sojourners group comes to Church of Christ
A group of 12 people will arrive Monday to help the West End Church of Christ share its ministry in the community. The sojourners are retired people who travel the country helping smaller church congregations to share their ministries in the community. The group will also be sharing information about an upcoming marriage seminar at the church.
-- From staff reports