- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bicyclist victim of hit and run
A Cape Girardeau bicyclist was injured around 8:40 p.m. Thursday when he was struck by a hit-and-run vehicle at William and Missouri streets.
Police Cpl. Ike Hammonds identified the victim as Archie L. Adams, 38, of 19 S. Ellis St., in Cape Girardeau. Adams was admitted to a hospital for injuries described as disabling but not life-threatening.
Hammonds said police have recovered what they believe to be the vehicle that hit Adams, a 1996 red Ford Taurus. Witnesses to the accident gave police a description of the vehicle. The driver is not yet in custody, Hammonds said.