- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Entries sought for open photography contest
The International Library of Photography has announced that entries for the International Amateur Photography Contest are now being accepted. The deadline is July 31 and is open to everyone. The International Library of Photography is an organization designed to bring the work of amateur photographers to the public's attention. For more information on the contest, go to www.picture.com.
Speakeasy at the River City Yacht Club
The bluegrass/rock band Speakeasy will be playing Friday at the River City Yacht Club, on the second floor of Port Cape at 19 N. Water St. The doors open at 8 p.m. and the band is scheduled to play from 9 p.m. to close. There is a cover charge. For more information, call Port Cape at 334-0954.
Market House Theatre will hold auditions
PADUCAH, Ky. -- The Market House Theatre in Paducah, Ky., is holding auditions for the Rodgers and Hammerstein musical "Oklahoma" at 7 p.m. April 12 and 13. The musical requires three principal women and four men, one featured woman and two men and a large singing and dancing ensemble. Anyone age 9 and over is welcome to audition and should prepare a song, preferably from "Oklahoma," for the audition. For more information, call the Market House Theatre at (270) 444-6828.
Sputheast choir presents spring concert
Southeast Missouri State University's choir will have its spring concert at 8 p.m. April 15 at First Baptist Church at 926 Broadway. The concert will open with "Love: Agony and Ecstasy," a group of musical pieces about love by contemporary composers. The choir will also perform American hymns and contemporary gospel during "Songs of Hope and Faith." Admission is free.
-- From staff reports