- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Marathon winner deserves notice
To the editor:
Cape Girardeau was put on the map this past weekend with the accomplishment of one of its own when Eric Heins won the St. Louis marathon. He should have received the recognition he deserved for his outstanding performance from his hometown newspaper. This was definitely front-page material. His dedication and hard work, not to mention capturing the first place medal, are something that most people could never even comprehend. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch did an article that reflected more pride for this man's victory than the Southeast Missourian.
Cape Girardeau is very proud of Heins. I hope when he qualifies for the Olympic marathon trials in 2008 this newspaper will get it.