- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Marathon winner deserves notice
To the editor:
Cape Girardeau was put on the map this past weekend with the accomplishment of one of its own when Eric Heins won the St. Louis marathon. He should have received the recognition he deserved for his outstanding performance from his hometown newspaper. This was definitely front-page material. His dedication and hard work, not to mention capturing the first place medal, are something that most people could never even comprehend. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch did an article that reflected more pride for this man's victory than the Southeast Missourian.
Cape Girardeau is very proud of Heins. I hope when he qualifies for the Olympic marathon trials in 2008 this newspaper will get it.