- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Marathon winner deserves notice
To the editor:
Cape Girardeau was put on the map this past weekend with the accomplishment of one of its own when Eric Heins won the St. Louis marathon. He should have received the recognition he deserved for his outstanding performance from his hometown newspaper. This was definitely front-page material. His dedication and hard work, not to mention capturing the first place medal, are something that most people could never even comprehend. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch did an article that reflected more pride for this man's victory than the Southeast Missourian.
Cape Girardeau is very proud of Heins. I hope when he qualifies for the Olympic marathon trials in 2008 this newspaper will get it.