- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Marathon winner deserves notice
To the editor:
Cape Girardeau was put on the map this past weekend with the accomplishment of one of its own when Eric Heins won the St. Louis marathon. He should have received the recognition he deserved for his outstanding performance from his hometown newspaper. This was definitely front-page material. His dedication and hard work, not to mention capturing the first place medal, are something that most people could never even comprehend. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch did an article that reflected more pride for this man's victory than the Southeast Missourian.
Cape Girardeau is very proud of Heins. I hope when he qualifies for the Olympic marathon trials in 2008 this newspaper will get it.