- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Jumbo size: Rhodes 101 sets a world record with 15-foot, 4,700 gallon drinking cup (8/21/17)3
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Unions deliver signatures to block right-to-work in Missouri (8/20/17)40
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
Marathon winner deserves notice
To the editor:
Cape Girardeau was put on the map this past weekend with the accomplishment of one of its own when Eric Heins won the St. Louis marathon. He should have received the recognition he deserved for his outstanding performance from his hometown newspaper. This was definitely front-page material. His dedication and hard work, not to mention capturing the first place medal, are something that most people could never even comprehend. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch did an article that reflected more pride for this man's victory than the Southeast Missourian.
Cape Girardeau is very proud of Heins. I hope when he qualifies for the Olympic marathon trials in 2008 this newspaper will get it.