- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Maxine E. Girtman, 88, of Anna died Sunday, April 4, 2004, at Jonesboro Healthcare Center in Jonesboro, Ill.
She was born March 31, 1916, in Wetaug, Ill., daughter of J.E. and Maude Sitter Culp. She and William Cletus Girtman were married Oct. 7, 1933, in Marion, Ill. He died Jan. 11, 1992.
Survivors include a son, Donald Girtman of Walsh, Ill.; a daughter, Wilma Schlenker of Minnesota; a brother, Donald Culp of Indiana; and a sister, Pauline Bailey of Moline, Ill.
She was preceded in death by three sisters.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home Wednesday from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery.