- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
ANNA, Ill. -- Faye Coryell, 76, of Anna died Saturday, April 3, 2004, at her home.
She was born March, 2, 1928, in Arkansas, daughter of Thomas and Etta Cheney Jefferson. She and Carl Franklin Coryell were married March 5, 1946, at Pulaski County. He died Aug. 14, 1985.
Coryell was employed by Jo-An Laundry for 25 years and also worked at a shoe factory. She attended the Gospel Kingdom Church.
Survivors include one daughter, Linda Reynolds of Anna; two sons, Carol and Tony Coryell, both of Cobden, Ill.; three sisters, Evelyn Leggans of Murphysboro, Ill., Martha Wright of Carterville, Ill., Cleta Terllark of Ohio; a brother, Thomas Jefferson of Murphysboro; eight grandchildren; and several great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a grandson and a brother.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Hileman Funeral Home, with the Rev. Richard Reynolds officiating. Burial will be in the Jonesboro Cemetery.