- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dr. and Mrs. Ronald P. Lessmann of Cape Girardeau announce the engagement of their daughter, Julie Katherine Lessmann, to Travis Reid Kearbey of Nashville, Tenn. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. David A. Kearbey of Ellsinore, Mo.
Lessmann is a 1998 graduate of Central High School, and a 2003 graduate of Southwest Missouri State University. She is an independent contractor with Ad-On Promotional Products.
Kearbey is a 1998 graduate of East Carter County High School, and a 2003 graduate of Southwest University. He is attending Vanderbilt University Law School.
A July 3 wedding is planned at Trinity Lutheran Church.