- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Freda Alleen McCain, 72, of Marble Hill died Friday, March 5, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Feb. 14, 1932, at Puxico, Mo. She and William Alfred McCain were married Sept. 23, 1950. He died Nov. 21, 1999.
McCain retired from Tri-Con and was a member of McGee Chapel.
Survivors include two sons, Larry McCain of Perryville, Mo., Tim McCain of Marble Hill; a daughter, Teresa Gaines of Marble Hill; two brothers, Doyle Mitchell of Puxico, Mo., Raymond Mitchell of Bunker, Mo.; four sisters, Joyce Hemby, Bonita Copeland and Barbara Null of Puxico, Sylvia Hale of Wappapello, Mo.; 12 grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
The funeral was held March 7 at First General Baptist Church in Puxico.
Morgan-Sifford Funeral Home in Puxico was in charge of arrangements.