- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JONESBORO, Ill. -- Owen I. Miller, 87, of Jonesboro died Tuesday, March 30, 2004, at his home.
He was born July 2, 1916, in Jonesboro, son of Levi and Julia Etta Dukes Miller. He and Chloe Miller were married June 5, 1939, at Mill Creek, Ill.
Miller was a farmer and also worked at F.S. Feed and Seed in Anna, Ill. He was a member of Ebenezer United Methodist Church.
Survivors include four daughters, Marilyn Miller and Cheryl Milam of Jonesboro, Nancy Glasshagel of Elgin, Ill., Kathy Grulke of Galesburg, Ill.; eight sons, Marvin and Harold Miller of Danville, Ill., Jack, Berry and Randy Miller of Mill Creek, Ronald Miller of Chillicothe, Ill., Rodger Miller of Carpentersville, Ill., John Miller of Lick Creek, Ill.; 26 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by six brothers and sisters, and six half brothers and half sisters.
Friends may call at Hileman Funeral Home in Jonesboro from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with Dr. William Lewis officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery.