- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Dinosaur - Waste of time
To the editor:
Once again Marble Hill is the statewide butt of jokes thanks to state Rep. Rod Jetton and his effort to give us a state dinosaur.
In a recent editorial, the Kansas City Star chided Jetton for spending too much time on trivial matters instead of working on the state budget. The General Assembly gave up on that hard task and instead went on spring break.
Jetton is second in command in the Missouri House, so the blame for the House's failure to do its job falls squarely on Jetton's shoulders.
I think one of Jetton's fellow Republicans said it best. State Rep. Bob Johnson of Lee's Summit said, "We ought to be talking about things such as bringing in retail, tax-increment-financing projects or campaign-finance reform, or providing prescription drugs to our population. To spend time on ... the state dinosaur is probably not very productive."
Marble Hill, Mo.