- Compliance check results in underage citations at four Cape bars (7/19/17)1
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- 49-year-old homicide victim found in Cape (7/20/17)
- Lying police? Missing files, lost evidence: Newspaper investigation reveals glaring details in David Robinson case (7/16/17)3
- Buffalo Wild Wings to hold fundraiser Wednesday for ailing Cape officer (7/19/17)1
- Isle Casino to host wide-ranging career fair Wednesday (7/16/17)
- At least one Perryville cop disciplined for misconduct (7/20/17)1
- Sikeston detective's files about murder suspect missing from DPS (7/18/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Witnesses make claims of officer corruption in Box/Robinson case (7/17/17)1
Dinosaur - Waste of time
To the editor:
Once again Marble Hill is the statewide butt of jokes thanks to state Rep. Rod Jetton and his effort to give us a state dinosaur.
In a recent editorial, the Kansas City Star chided Jetton for spending too much time on trivial matters instead of working on the state budget. The General Assembly gave up on that hard task and instead went on spring break.
Jetton is second in command in the Missouri House, so the blame for the House's failure to do its job falls squarely on Jetton's shoulders.
I think one of Jetton's fellow Republicans said it best. State Rep. Bob Johnson of Lee's Summit said, "We ought to be talking about things such as bringing in retail, tax-increment-financing projects or campaign-finance reform, or providing prescription drugs to our population. To spend time on ... the state dinosaur is probably not very productive."
Marble Hill, Mo.