- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)5
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)46
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)5
Bush's policy is justified
To the editor:
A year has gone by in Iraq, and what have we learned? That the atrocities were even worse than we had imagined. We learned that Saddam Hussein did have weapons of mass destruction, but we don't know to what extent his program had grown.
Hindsight, however, is always 20-20. It is always easier to say that we were lied to than to say the intelligence was faulty.
President Bush did it right as far as I'm concerned. He went through the United Nations and got a resolution with which Saddam did not comply. The public has no idea what other information the president may have had.
How can we say that he went over there with ulterior motives? With the current gas prices, I'd say that if we went for oil we obviously weren't very successful.
We keep hearing about how Bush's tax cuts are for the rich. Who in this country pays the most taxes? Of course the rich are going to get more money back, because they pay more money in the first place. If we let people who earn the most money keep their money, then they just might invest it so they can make more money and create jobs.
There are certain people like John Kerry who would undermine this country. By talking to foreign leaders about how he wants an administration change, he is undermining the current administration. When we show ourselves to other countries, we need to be united.