- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)5
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
Bush's policy is justified
To the editor:
A year has gone by in Iraq, and what have we learned? That the atrocities were even worse than we had imagined. We learned that Saddam Hussein did have weapons of mass destruction, but we don't know to what extent his program had grown.
Hindsight, however, is always 20-20. It is always easier to say that we were lied to than to say the intelligence was faulty.
President Bush did it right as far as I'm concerned. He went through the United Nations and got a resolution with which Saddam did not comply. The public has no idea what other information the president may have had.
How can we say that he went over there with ulterior motives? With the current gas prices, I'd say that if we went for oil we obviously weren't very successful.
We keep hearing about how Bush's tax cuts are for the rich. Who in this country pays the most taxes? Of course the rich are going to get more money back, because they pay more money in the first place. If we let people who earn the most money keep their money, then they just might invest it so they can make more money and create jobs.
There are certain people like John Kerry who would undermine this country. By talking to foreign leaders about how he wants an administration change, he is undermining the current administration. When we show ourselves to other countries, we need to be united.