- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Bush's policy is justified
To the editor:
A year has gone by in Iraq, and what have we learned? That the atrocities were even worse than we had imagined. We learned that Saddam Hussein did have weapons of mass destruction, but we don't know to what extent his program had grown.
Hindsight, however, is always 20-20. It is always easier to say that we were lied to than to say the intelligence was faulty.
President Bush did it right as far as I'm concerned. He went through the United Nations and got a resolution with which Saddam did not comply. The public has no idea what other information the president may have had.
How can we say that he went over there with ulterior motives? With the current gas prices, I'd say that if we went for oil we obviously weren't very successful.
We keep hearing about how Bush's tax cuts are for the rich. Who in this country pays the most taxes? Of course the rich are going to get more money back, because they pay more money in the first place. If we let people who earn the most money keep their money, then they just might invest it so they can make more money and create jobs.
There are certain people like John Kerry who would undermine this country. By talking to foreign leaders about how he wants an administration change, he is undermining the current administration. When we show ourselves to other countries, we need to be united.