- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Weight's drought ends in Blues' 1-0 win over Oilers
ST. LOUIS -- Doug Weight scored his first goal in 18 games and Chris Osgood got his 41st career shutout to brighten the playoff hopes of the St. Louis Blues, who defeated the Edmonton Oilers 1-0 Tuesday night.
St. Louis won its fourth straight game to remain in seventh place in the Western Conference playoff race with 89 points. Edmonton, beaten for the first time in more than a month, has 87 points and dropped to ninth place.
Osgood made 18 saves to pick up his third shutout of the season.
St. Louis is 9-2-2 in its last 13 games. The Blues are 24-10 in one-goal games this season.
The Blues' only goal came when Weight deflected in a slap shot from the top of the slot by Chris Pronger for a power-play goal at 13:46 of the first period.