- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Sister Mary Onderdonk
Sister Mary Ann Onderdonk, 66, of St. Louis died Friday, March 26, 2004, at St. Anthony Medical Center in St. Louis.
She was born and reared in Belgique, Mo.
Formerly known as Sister Alberta Marie, she entered the congregation of School Sisters of Notre Dame in 1955 and professed her final vows in 1963. She received a bachelor of arts in speech in 1964 from the former Notre Dame College in St. Louis.
Onderdonk taught primary students 36 years at schools in St. Louis, Poplar Bluff, St. Charles, Hazelwood, Marthasville and Jefferson City, Mo., and Fresno, Calif. She served as a tutor at Notre Dame Tutorial Center in St. Louis from 1999 to 2004.
Survivors include her stepmother, Ellen Onderdonk of Cape Girardeau; four brothers, Melvin Onderdonk of Perryville, Mo., Amil Onderdonk of Chester, Ill., Michael and Robert Onderdonk of Millersville; and a sister, Theresa Geringer of Perryville.
Friends may call at School Sisters of Notre Dame Motherhouse Chapel in Lemay, Mo., from 4 to 8 p.m. today. A prayer service will be held at 7.
The funeral Mass will be held at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the chapel. Burial will be in Notre Dame Motherhouse Cemetery.