- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Edith M. Preston, 84, of Perryville died Sunday, March 28, 2004, at her home.
She was born April 20, 1919, at Lithium, Mo., daughter of James W. and Clara Katherine Schulte Lyle. She and Champ C. Preston were married Feb. 6, 1940.
Preston retired as a clerk from Sterling Variety Store. She was a member of First Presbyterian Church in Perryville, its Presbyterian Women of the Church and was an elder. She was also a member of Brazeau Extension Club.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Wayne Preston of Bull Shoals, Ark.; a daughter, Marjorie Anderson of Imperial, Mo.; a sister, Mildred Cavallini of Fullerton, Calif.; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three sisters and two infant brothers.
Friends may call at Young and Sons Funeral Home from 3 to 8 p.m. today, and from 6:30 to 9 a.m. Wednesday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at First Presbyterian Church, with the Rev. Nancy Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Home Cemetery.