- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Larry O. Dawson, 71, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 29, 2004, at his home.
He was born Sept. 4, 1932, in Cape Girardeau, son of Letha Dawson. He and Doris McCormick were married April 4, 1953, in Cape Girardeau.
Mr. Dawson moved to St. Louis in 1953 and worked at St. Louis Shipyards 35 years. He then worked at the State Hospital on Arsenal Street 10 years. After retiring from the hospital he drove a school bus for Cape Girardeau Public Schools, a job he truly loved.
He was an avid hobbyist, building model aircraft and making jewelry, His photography hobby won a third-place award in a world-wide contest sponsored by Houston Natural Gas Co. He worked with glass, making figurines and marbles. He also loved to play golf.
Survivors include his wife; a son, David C. Dawson of Cape Girardeau; his mother of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Nancy Boren and Jo Ann Drum of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Clarence Mandrelle of Romeoville, Ill., Jack Mandrelle of Cape Girardeau; and numerous nieces and nephews.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Funeral Home Thursday from 11 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mike Dugan officiating. Burial will be in Fairmount Cemetery.