- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Religion calendar 3/27
Informational meeting for people considering membership at Centenary United Methodist Church. Meeting is from 9 a.m. to noon at the church's administrative center. For information, call 334-2869.
"Men-in-praise" concert at 7 p.m. at Greater Dimension Ministries in Cape Girardeau. Speaker for the Men's Conference is the Rev. John Black. The Rev. Alonzo Johnson will speak during a morning brunch. For information, call 334-0616.
Lenten Luncheon served at St. Denis Catholic Church in Benton. Free meal is served at noon and will be followed by a devotion by the Rev. Karen Taylor. For information, contact Taylor at (573) 545-3673.
Lenten soup supper at 5:30 p.m. at St. Andrew Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Daniel Hackney will preach.
Lenten service at 5:45 p.m. at First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Doug Scott will preach.
Lenten service at 6 p.m. at Westminster Presbyterian Church. Study on basic Christianity with the Rev. Joel Hebert.
Shared Lenten services at 7 p.m. between St. Mark Lutheran Church ELCA and Christ Episcopal Church. Services are at St. Mark Church.
Lenten service at 7:30 p.m. at Zion United Methodist Church in Gordonville. Steve Breon will preach.
-- From staff reports