- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Out of the past 3/26/04
10 years ago: March 26, 1994
Narrow, Themis Street bridge over Walker Creek -- at intersection of Themis and North Kingshighway -- was closed Friday so contractor can remove bridge and replace it with wider and longer bridge.
Three Jackson city offices -- construction services, public works, and developmental services and inspections -- have moved into former Jackson Exchange Bank, which will become new Jackson city office administrative complex.
25 years ago: March 26, 1979
Mississippi River at Cape Girardeau reaches its highest point since March of last year, but by end of this week National Weather Service officials expect river to be at its highest level in several years.
Central High School's journalism adviser, Elizabeth Lockhart, has been named Missouri Journalism Teacher of the year by Missouri Interscholastic Press Association.
50 years ago: March 26, 1954
Cape Girardeau public schools will receive $22,203.73 less in state aid this year than they did in 1952-53 fiscal year.
J.S.N. Farquhar, charter member of Southeast Missouri Retail Lumber Dealers Association, is awarded honorary lifetime membership in organization during morning session of its annual convention at Hotel Marquette.
75 years ago: March 26, 1929
Plans for organization of Cape Girardeau County Health Association to centralize agencies working toward eradication of tuberculosis and other diseases were made at meeting at Jackson Monday.
New Broadway Theater is to be equipped for talking pictures by May, according to S.E. Brady, proprietor.
-- Sharon K. Sanders