- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Otahk softball drops two to Salukis
Southeast Missouri State's softball team managed just three hits and scored just one run in its doubleheader Thursday, suffering a pair of losses to Southern Illinois.
Southeast (5-18) lost 3-0 and 3-1.
The Otahkians' offense consisted of a Suzi Lair single in the opener. Van Velkinburgh suffered the loss on the mound. Junior Amy Harre picked up the win for Southern Illinois (21-6).
Kelly Birk took the loss in the second game despite combining for a two-hitter with Jessica Hunter. Amanda Clifton went 2-for-2 with two RBIs for the Salukis. Ashley Hamby recorded the win.