- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Marie Martin Spicer, 83, of Chaffee died Monday, March 22, 2004, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 2, 1921, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of John Michael and Nora Mary Lux Dirnberger. She and Elmer J. Martin were married May 8, 1943. He died April 14, 1973. She and Howard Spicer were married April 21, 1991.
Spicer retired as a sewing machine operator at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church, Daughters of St. Ambrose, Chaffee VFW Post 3127 Auxiliary, and American Legion Post 389 Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Larry and Wayne Martin of Chaffee; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and two stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.