- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Marie Martin Spicer, 83, of Chaffee died Monday, March 22, 2004, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Feb. 2, 1921, at New Hamburg, Mo., daughter of John Michael and Nora Mary Lux Dirnberger. She and Elmer J. Martin were married May 8, 1943. He died April 14, 1973. She and Howard Spicer were married April 21, 1991.
Spicer retired as a sewing machine operator at Thorngate Ltd. in Chaffee. She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church, Daughters of St. Ambrose, Chaffee VFW Post 3127 Auxiliary, and American Legion Post 389 Auxiliary.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Larry and Wayne Martin of Chaffee; four grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and two stepgrandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and two grandsons.
Friends may call at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee after 4 p.m. today. Parish prayers will be at 6:30 p.m.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at St. Ambrose Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in the church cemetery.