- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dorothy Louise Pettit, 77, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, March 20, 2004, at her home.
She was born April 11, 1926, in Jackson, daughter of Robert and Louise Carry Lacey King. She and Curtis Pettit were married Nov. 30, 1969. He preceded her in death.
Pettit was a licensed practical nurse at Normandy Hospital in St. Louis, retiring in 1982. She was a member of New Horizon Missionary Baptist Church, and had served as secretary and trustee. She was formerly of Jackson.
Survivors include a son, Howard McGee Jr. of Cape Girardeau.
She was preceded in death by three brothers.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel Friday from 11 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Howard McGee Jr. officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.