- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- Howard R. Bittle, 93, of Anna died Monday, March 22, 2004, at Union County Hospital.
He was born Sept. 3, 1911, at Wolf Lake, Ill., son of Walter and Cora Lingle Bittle. He and Pauline Frick were married in 1935, in Murphysboro, Ill. She died May 5, 1998.
Bittle was a baker 40 years at Bunny Bread. He was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include five sons, Dean Bittle of Harrisburg, Ill., Ronald and Robert Bittle of Anna, Richard Bittle of Marion, Ill., Randy Bittle of Carterville, Ill.; a brother, Carl "Doc" Bittle of Jonesboro, Ill.; a sister, Mildred Emrick of Jonesboro; 10 grandchildren; and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a sister and five brothers.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Greg Bittle and Tim Sadler officiating. Burial will be in Anna City Cemetery.