- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Sibyl Jones, 87, of Anna died Monday, March 22, 2004, at Union County Hospital.
She was born Nov. 11, 1916, in Anna, daughter of Thomas and Viola Vaughn Smith. She and Homer L. Jones were married Feb. 11, 1932, in Jonesboro, Ill. He died May 16, 1977.
Jones was a member of Saratoga Methodist Church, and attended Campground Cumberland Presbyterian Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Norma Edwards of Olmsted, Ill.; three sons, Gilbert and Wendell Jones of Anna, Jimmie Jones of Vienna, Ill.; 10 grandchildren; 15 great-grandchildren; and six great-great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Allie Rudolph officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.