- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Virginia B. Evans, 82, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 22, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Oct. 6, 1921, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of Emil and Malinda Oberbeck Busch. She and Forrest Evans were married Nov. 22, 1942, in Springfield, Mo. He died Oct. 2, 1989.
Mrs. Evans had been a bookkeeper at Kimbel Truck Lines and ABF Truck Lines. She was a member of Evangelical United Church of Christ and its Mary-Martha Circle.
Survivors include two sons, Jack Evans of Jefferson City, Mo., Jim Evans of Roswell, Ga.; a brother, Buddy Busch of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Maxine Boren of Cape Girardeau; three grandchildren, Forrest Evans of Roswell, Julie Evans of San Francisco, Calif., and Jacqueline Evans of Jefferson City.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Randy Heckman officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorial contributions may be made to Evangelical United Church of Christ Hymnal Fund.