- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)22
- New CEO named at Wood & Huston Bank (8/21/16)
Spain won't appease terror
To the editor:
The voters in Spain correctly realized that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. The new government realized that, in order to fight terrorism, they must concentrate on the real danger, and they also know that the voters will hold them responsible to do just that. Although Spain's new leader calls himself a socialist, he is more pro-free market than either President Bush or John Kerry. Spain will not appease the terrorists. On the contrary, Spain want to focus on fighting terrorism and not on Bush adventurism.
Marble Hill, Mo.