- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Spain won't appease terror
To the editor:
The voters in Spain correctly realized that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. The new government realized that, in order to fight terrorism, they must concentrate on the real danger, and they also know that the voters will hold them responsible to do just that. Although Spain's new leader calls himself a socialist, he is more pro-free market than either President Bush or John Kerry. Spain will not appease the terrorists. On the contrary, Spain want to focus on fighting terrorism and not on Bush adventurism.
Marble Hill, Mo.