- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Spain won't appease terror
To the editor:
The voters in Spain correctly realized that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. The new government realized that, in order to fight terrorism, they must concentrate on the real danger, and they also know that the voters will hold them responsible to do just that. Although Spain's new leader calls himself a socialist, he is more pro-free market than either President Bush or John Kerry. Spain will not appease the terrorists. On the contrary, Spain want to focus on fighting terrorism and not on Bush adventurism.
Marble Hill, Mo.