- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Spain won't appease terror
To the editor:
The voters in Spain correctly realized that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. The new government realized that, in order to fight terrorism, they must concentrate on the real danger, and they also know that the voters will hold them responsible to do just that. Although Spain's new leader calls himself a socialist, he is more pro-free market than either President Bush or John Kerry. Spain will not appease the terrorists. On the contrary, Spain want to focus on fighting terrorism and not on Bush adventurism.
Marble Hill, Mo.