- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Spain won't appease terror
To the editor:
The voters in Spain correctly realized that the war in Iraq has nothing to do with the war on terrorism. The new government realized that, in order to fight terrorism, they must concentrate on the real danger, and they also know that the voters will hold them responsible to do just that. Although Spain's new leader calls himself a socialist, he is more pro-free market than either President Bush or John Kerry. Spain will not appease the terrorists. On the contrary, Spain want to focus on fighting terrorism and not on Bush adventurism.
Marble Hill, Mo.