- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Betty R. Brotherton, 77, of Perryville died Wednesday, March 17, 2004, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born March 21, 1926, at Lilbourn, Mo., daughter of John Wesley and Norma Lee Jenkins Howard. She and Luther Brotherton were married April 20, 1946.
Brotherton had been a factory worker, and was a member of First Baptist Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Gary Brotherton of Patton, Mo.; three sisters, Flossie Laster of California, Loretta Masters of Marble Hill, Mo., Verna Lawrence of Perryville; two brothers, Leroy Howard of Farmington, Mo., Bill Howard of Perryville; and three granddaughters.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Miller Family Funeral Home from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and Friday from 6:30 a.m. until time of service.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Don Estes officiating. Burial will be in Post Oak Cemetery in Bollinger County, Mo.