- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Amanda Jane Vandivort, 29, of Burlington, Vt., died Sunday, March 14, 2004, in Burlington.
She was born July 2, 1974, in St. Louis, daughter of Clayton and Penny Vandivort.
Vandivort was a 1992 graduate of Sikeston High School, a 1996 graduate of the University of Denver and attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. She was a teller at Merchants Bank in Burlington.
Survivors include her parents, Clayton and Laura Vandivort and Penny and Craig Hahs, all of Sikeston; a brother, Bill Vandivort of New Orleans; two sisters, Alison Deithloff of Arlington, Texas, Shannon Keller of Sikeston; two stepbrothers, Jacob and Robert Thompson of Sikeston; paternal grandfather, Bill Vandivort of Sikeston; and a friend, Kevin Nardone of Burlington.
She was preceded in death by paternal grandmother and maternal grandparents.
Friends may call at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 5 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Tom Geers officiating. Burial will be in Memorial Park Cemetery.