- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Katheryn S. Wulfers, 82, of Town and Country, Mo., died Tuesday, March 16, 2004, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 27, 1921, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of J.D. and Jewell Horn Stewart. She and Paul A. Wulfers were married June 17, 1947. He died Dec. 13, 1981.
Stewart was a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University. Formerly of Cape Girardeau, she was a teacher at Central High School more than 25 years. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Jane Shrewsbury of St. Louis; a brother, Dale Stewart of Stillwell, Kan.; two sisters, Lawanda Kaiser and Juanita Haas of Cape Girardeau; and four grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at St. Vincent's Church.
Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.