- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Kelly board votes not to retain McQuerter as girls hoop coach
The Kelly School District Board of Education decided Thursday not to renew the contract of Kelly High School girls basketball coach Rod McQuerter.
Kelly superintendent Don Moore confirmed that McQuerter's contract was not renewed at last week's board meeting by a 4-3 vote.
The Hawks' season ended March 4 with a loss in the Class 3 District 2 finals. Kelly was beaten 55-48 by Charleston.
Kelly finished 20-7, McQuerter's lowest win total in his four seasons. Kelly made it to the state quarterfinal round last season, finishing 23-6. McQuerter's overall record at Kelly was 88-23.
The board meets 5:30 p.m. Thursday.