- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Four injured in two accidents
Four people were injured in two separate one-vehicle accidents on Monday, the Missouri State Highway Patrol said.
Gwen Brown, 57, Marble Hill, Mo., was driving a 1993 Ford northbound on Route UU a half-mile north of Burfordville at 10:15 a.m. when she lost control, ran off the road and overturned. Brown and a passenger, Randall Brown, 42, of Jackson, were taken to St. Francis Medical Center.
At 8:30 p.m. Monday, a 2001 Mitsubishi driven by Wang Peng, 34, of Memphis, Tenn., ran off the right side of Interstate 55 and overturned, the patrol said. The accident occurred 11 miles north of Cape Girardeau. Peng and a passenger, Li Yu, 32, also of Memphis, were taken to St. Francis Medical Center.