- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Region/state digest 03/17/04
Route Z to be closed for drainage work
Route Z in Cape Girardeau County will be closed while the Missouri Department of Transportation replaces a drainage pipe beneath the road, state highway officials said. The road will be closed from routes F to OO, from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, officials said.
State getting half a million free gun locks
ST. LOUIS -- Missouri will get a half million gun locks to dole out for free through police and gun-safety groups as part of a federal bid to prevent firearms-related deaths and injuries, especially among children, officials announced Tuesday. As part of Project ChildSafe's giveaway, about 508,300 of the gun locks -- a cable-style version that, when properly engaged, blocks the hammer of a handgun, rifle or shotgun -- have been allocated to Missouri. About 216,000 of the locks, which generally can sell for $10, already have been delivered to more than 400 law enforcement agencies statewide.
-- From staff, wire reports