- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Ashley Wade Hall and Justin Lynn Johnson were married May 17, 2003, at First Baptist Church in Charleston, Mo. The Rev. Gerald Collier performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Hearnes of Charleston. Soloists were Laura Whittington of Cape Girardeau, Jared Self of Sikeston, and the groom.
The bride is the daughter of John and Sandy Hall of Bertrand, Mo., and Jay and Gwen Phenicie of Sikeston. The groom is the son of Terry and Saundra Johnson of Sikeston.
Maid of honor was Abby Avery of Overland Park, Kan. Bridesmaids were Jamie Scott of Bertrand and Shanna Taylor of Naperville, Ill., sisters of the bride, and Niki Ludwig of Farmington, Mo., cousin of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Taylor Scott of Bertrand, niece of the bride.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Jonathan Hall of Bertrand and Jordan Phenicie of Sikeston, brothers of the bride, and Michael Ludwig of Farmington, cousin of the groom. Ushers were Jeff Hall Jr. of Blodgett, Mo., and Kyle Kemp of Charleston, cousins of the bride; and Scott Jones of Sikeston, cousin of the groom.
Candlelighters were Ross Lasater of Sikeston, cousin of the groom, and Brianna Simmons of Charleston.
Flower girl was Lauren Taylor of Naperville, niece of the bride. Ringbearer was Nicholas Ludwig of Farmington, cousin of the groom.
Melanie Hall of Blodgett, cousin of the bride, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, a dinner and dance reception was held at Ramada Inn in Sikeston. Server was Janie King.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner May 16 at the church.
Mrs. Johnson is a 1998 graduate of Sikeston High School, and a 2001 graduate of the respiratory therapy program at Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. She is a certified respiratory therapist at Mineral Area Regional Medical Center in Farmington.
The groom is a 1999 graduate of Kelly High School at Benton, Mo., and a 2001 graduate of the respiratory therapy program at Cape Girardeau Career and Technology Center. He is a certified respiratory therapist at St. Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
After a wedding trip to Cancun, the couple is residing in Charleston.