- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Melissa Kay Singleton and Lee Parks were married Nov. 1, 2003, at Cape Bible Chapel. Dale E. Dolence performed the ceremony. Pianists were Chad Hughes of Cape Girardeau and Jonathan Young of Jackson. Soloists were Wendy Petzoldt of Altenburg, Mo., and Fred Burgard of Cape Girardeau.
The bride is the daughter of Tim and Marilyn Singleton of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Dale and Debbie Parks of Dexter, Mo., and Connie Hampton of Cape Girardeau.
Maid of honor was Holly Black of Cape Girardeau. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Tabony of Grandview, Mo., and Katherine Scarborough of Spring Grove, Pa., sisters of the bride.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen and ushers were Lindsay Bowerman and Patrick Watson of Cape Girardeau.
Candlelighter was Abigail Dolence, daughter of Dale and Sari Dolence of Battlecreek, Mich.
Guest book attendants were Whitney Parks, Montanna and Lidia Dolence. Greeters were Jeremy and John Dolence.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the church. Server was Abigail Dolence.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 31 at Woodard's in Jackson.
Mrs. Parks received a bachelor of science degree in earth science and soils at Southeast Missouri State University. She is a veterinary technician at Cross Point Animal Hospital.
The groom is pursuing a degree in outdoor recreation at Southeast. He is a delivery driver at Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.