- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Marie Cumpton, 89, of Advance died Friday, March 12, 2004, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born June 14, 1914, at Grassy, Mo., daughter of Silas and Eva Meyers Green. She and Alvin Cumpton were married in 1933 at Piggott, Ark. He died Nov. 18, 1986.
Cumpton retired from the Lutesville Hat Factory in Marble Hill, Mo. She was a member of the Advance Church of Christ.
Survivors include a son, Buddy Cumpton of Washington, Mo.; a daughter, Faye Borders of Zalma, Mo.; three grandchildren; 10 great-grandchildren; and four great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, two grandsons, four sisters and four brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Billy Davis officiating.
Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.