- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
SIKESTON, Mo.-- Dee Bailey, 74, of Sikeston died Saturday, March 13, 2004, at Sikeston Convalescent Center.
She was born Aug. 1, 1929, in Lapanto, Ark., daughter of P.F. and Effie Dabbs Clay. She and Carl H. Bailey were married Sept. 16, 1950; he died Feb. 18, 2002.
She had been a secretary and bookkeeper at First Star Bank and Tetra Pak. She was a member of First United Methodist Church.
Survivors include a daughter, Karla Bax of Ballwin, Mo.; a son, Carlton Bailey Sr. of Yukon, Okla.; a sister, Dorothy Springs of Broken Arrow, Okla.; nine grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ponder Funeral Home in Sikeston.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Harold Norton officiating. Burial will be in Garden of Memories Cemetery.