- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Critics say President George W. Bush lied to us about why we should go to war in Iraq. ... Similarly, critics of former President Bill Clinton say he lied to us about Monica Lewinsky. ...
It would be nice if none of our leaders ever misled. I do think Bush was eager to sell his war policy and thought the threat of Saddam's weapons effectively made the case, but the subsequent failure to find smoking guns does not prove outright lying or a complete paucity of reasoning for going to war.
As for Clinton, well, his Monica high jinks demeaned the office but, let's face it, did nothing to diminish the quality of his policies. ...
Just because we don't like Bush or his policies is no reason to say nothing he says is believable.
Matter of fact, I worry because some of the things he says and wants to do are all too believable. -- Henry J. Waters III in the Columbia Daily Tribune.