- Dashcam video of Lowe's truck crash going viral (7/26/17)1
- Chaffee City Council fires officer facing criminal charge (7/23/17)1
- Wreck flips Lowe's truck in Cape (7/25/17)4
- Major Case Squad seeks woman in connection with homicide investigation (7/26/17)
- Cape theater acts to eliminate bedbugs, closes one of its auditoriums (7/27/17)1
- More details emerge in Perryville police-misconduct case (7/21/17)
- Former Sikeston DPS director denies knowing about allegations against detective (7/20/17)1
- Jackson Homecomers begins Tuesday; new features planned (7/25/17)
- Book focuses on history of Briarwood Manor in Cape (7/23/17)
- Cape school board welcomes five administrators (7/25/17)
Critics say President George W. Bush lied to us about why we should go to war in Iraq. ... Similarly, critics of former President Bill Clinton say he lied to us about Monica Lewinsky. ...
It would be nice if none of our leaders ever misled. I do think Bush was eager to sell his war policy and thought the threat of Saddam's weapons effectively made the case, but the subsequent failure to find smoking guns does not prove outright lying or a complete paucity of reasoning for going to war.
As for Clinton, well, his Monica high jinks demeaned the office but, let's face it, did nothing to diminish the quality of his policies. ...
Just because we don't like Bush or his policies is no reason to say nothing he says is believable.
Matter of fact, I worry because some of the things he says and wants to do are all too believable. -- Henry J. Waters III in the Columbia Daily Tribune.